NEW PUBLIC HEALTH ORDERS - REOPENING EFFECTIVE FEB. 12.2021
February 9, 2021
NEW PUBLIC HEALTH ORDERS FORMALIZE NEXT STEPS OF PROVINCE'S CAUTIOUS REOPENING EFFECTIVE FEB. 12.
The orders include the following changes, with further pandemic safety measures in place:
• allowing restaurants and licensed premises to reopen at 25 per cent capacity with patron groups limited to members of the same household only;
• allowing outdoor sports facilities to reopen for casual sports as well as organized practices and games, with multi-team tournaments not permitted;
• allowing gyms, fitness centres and yoga studios to reopen at 25 per cent capacity;
• allowing indoor sporting facilities such as rinks, gymnastic clubs and martial arts studios to reopen at 25 per cent capacity for individual instruction only;
• allowing places of worship to hold regular religious services if a service does not exceed 10 per cent of usual capacity or 50 people, whichever is lower;
• allowing self-help groups for persons dealing with addictions or other behaviours to hold meetings at 25 per cent capacity of the premise where meetings take place;
• allowing museums, art galleries and libraries to operate at 25 per cent capacity;
• allowing personal service businesses, such as those providing pedicures, electrolysis, cosmetic application, tanning, tattooing or massage services to reopen at 25 per cent capacity;
• allowing up to 10 people to attend a wedding in addition to the officiant and a photographer or videographer;
• allowing photographers and videographers to offer services to individual clients or those residing in the same household in addition to providing services at weddings, with the exception of visiting client homes; and
• allowing the film industry to operate fully with physical distancing and other safety measures in place.